Sweet and Sour Pork
A family favourite and a quick and easy midweek meal which is super tasty!
- 3 balls Opies Stem Ginger in Syrup, chopped
- 500g Pork fillet, cubed
- 350g Canned pineapple pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, de-seeded and cubed
- 1/2 green pepper, de-seeded and cubed
- 1 glass sherry
- 4 tbsp Light soy sauce
- 30ml Red wine vinegar
- 30ml Ginger syrup (from the jar)
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Tomato pureé
- 1 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- Heat oil in a pan and cook the onion, pork and peppers for 3–4 minutes.
- Combine pineapple pieces and juice, chopped ginger, ginger syrup, sherry, vinegar, tomato purée and light soy sauce.
- Add to pan and cook gently for 8–10 minutes until pork is cooked.
- Blend cornflour with a little water to form a smooth paste, add to pan stirring continuously until sauce thickens.
- Serve with rice or noodles
Hints and tips: Swap the pork with chicken or for a vegan option try tofu.