Watercress, Courgette & Spring Onion Fritters with Dill Yoghurt Dip
Reading time 10 minutes
For more recipe inspiration go to www.watercress.co.uk
4 (as a starter/snack)
- 4 medium courgettes, grated
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 20g watercress, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp dill, chopped
- 150g feta, crumbled
- 200g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, beaten
- 60-80ml olive oil for frying
- Dill Yogurt Dip
- 200g full fat Greek yohgurt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 20g dill, finely chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- Begin with the dip, mix all the ingredients together and set aside in the fridge.
- For the fritters, add the courgette to a colander, sprinkle with ½ tsp salt and set aside in a sink for 30 minutes.
- Gather the courgette in your hands and squeeze out all the excess moisture, you are aiming to get as much out as possible.
- Add to a large bowl with the onions, watercress and herbs, mix well before adding the feta.
- Add the eggs and fold the mixture together, trying to maintain a little integrity in the feta pieces. Finally sift over the flour and baking powder and mix until omogenous.
- Heat the oil in a heavy based pan until hot. Add tablespoons of the mix and cook for two minutes each side. As they cook, remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve hot with the dip.