Celery and Parmesan Minestrone Soup
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 300g chopped celery, leaves reserved
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1tsp celery salt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1L vegetable stock
- 75g of orzo, or other small pasta shape
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 50g grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the chopped celery, onion, carrot, garlic, celery salt and some salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
2. Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until tender (around eight to 10 minutes). Add the tomatoes, chickpeas, half the reserved celery leaves and Parmesan.
3. Cook over medium heat until steaming hot (around three to five minute). Ladle into bowls and garnish with the remaining celery leaves and a light sprinkling of Parmesan, if desired.