Chai Tea Christmas Eggnog
Raise a glass of festive cheer with this modern take on a traditional glass of eggnog
The creamy, brandy-based drink is not to everyone’s taste, but this version of the festive classic adds chai tea, coconut and almond milk. You’ve simply got to give it a try!
- 250ml coconut milk
- 500ml almond milk
- 80ml maple syrup
- 3 teabags of chai tea (or 2 tsp of chai spice mix in a spice bag)
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 egg yolks
- For the topping:
- 200g whipped cream
- Piece of dark chocolate, grated
- 1 shot of rum or brandy per glass (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon, freshly grated
- Put all the ingredients, except for the egg yolks into a saucepan and warm through slowly. Do not boil!
- Leave to infuse for five minutes.
- Mix the egg yolks in a bowl and add some warm almond milk then pour it into the saucepan and heat everything up again, slowly, stirring constantly.
- Remove the tea bags/spice sachets from the pan.
- Pour a shot of brandy into each glass, divide the mixture equally, top with whipped cream and a fresh grating of cinnamon and chocolate.
Recipe courtesy of Microplane