Lemon, Garlic and Thyme Risotto with Spicy Chorizo Squash
The perfect vegan comfort dish
- Small butternut squash, peeled
- Charlie & Ivy’s Spicy Chorizo Marinade
- 2 tbsp cold pressed rapeseed oil
- 1 white onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- 200g risotto rice
- 1 litre hot vegetable stock
- 2 lemons, zest and juice of one, plus the other sliced as garnish
- 2 tbsps of fresh thyme leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 tsp of nutritional yeast
- Spoonful of Charlie & Ivy’s Garlic & Thyme Plant Based Mayonnaise
Chop the butternut squash. Some into half-moon slices to decorate, and some into chunks for the risotto. Marinade in the spicy chorizo marinade whilst you make the risotto and then either griddle on the barbecue or roast in the oven until soft and slightly crisp and chargrilled around the edges.
In a large pan, over a medium heat, fry the onion in the rapeseed oil until softened and then add the garlic and fry for a minute or two more. Add the risotto rice to the pan and coat with the oil. Slowly and gradually add the vegetable stock and stir with each addition. Once the rice has absorbed the stock (should take around 15 mins), add in the fresh thyme, lemon juice and zest, and lastly the griddled chunks of butternut squash.
Sprinkle in the nutritional yeast plus a good spoonful of the mayonnaise and serve with the roasted slices of butternut squash, lemon slices and fresh thyme sprigs.