Roasted Cauliflower, Chickpea and Cherry Grain Bowl
This delicious salad is packed with flavours and nutrients
The fresh cherries add a real kick to this tasty dish.
- Around 200g cooked, mixed grains such as bulgar, freekeh, pearl barley or quinoa
- 1/2 small cauliflower, separated into small florets
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained
- 25g parsley, roughly chopped
- 25g coriander, roughly chopped
- 25g dill fronds
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 80g fresh cherries, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons greek or soy yogurt
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper
Pre-heat the oven to 190C. Place the cauliflower and chickpeas on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, turning and stirring halfway through until cauliflower is browned and chickpeas are crispy.
Place the grains, herbs, spring onions and cherries in a large bowl along with the roasted cauliflower and chickpeas, season with salt and pepper and stir well.
Mix the yogurt, lemon juice and tahini with a pinch of salt in a small bowl.
Separate the grain mixture between two bowls and drizzle with the tahini yogurt.