Must-have Autumn Scents
’Tis the season of mists and mellow fruitfulness so switch your perfume to suit the new season
1. Rich and spicy with notes of jasmine, saffron, cedar wood and fir resin, followed by warm amber wood, the finish is seductive without being over powering. Baccarat Rouge £215 Maison Francis Kurkdjian
2. A warm combination of fig and bergamot with deliciously spicy cedar and vetiver, this is comfort in a bottle. Bogota Berlin, £90 Frau Tonis at niche-beauty.com
3. Inspired by autumn walks, ripe berries and golden light this evocative unisex fragrance has top notes of pink peppercorn and cardamom, combined with cedar wood, nutmeg essence and fir balsam. Replica Autumn Vibes, £99 Maison Margiela
4. This innovative perfume is cleverly designed to calm and reset. Clean, woody and slightly smoky, it’s blended with green cardamom, iris, palo santo and cilantro, and research shows a simple spritz will have you feeling calmer and more composed within minutes. Functional Fragrance, £85 The Nue Co.
5. Part of the ‘Grand Tour Collection’ and blended by legendary perfumer Alexandra Carlin, notes of smoky incense, soft Turkish rose and woody vetiver representing the three pillars of heaven, man and earth, combine in a gentle but sophisticated scent for autumn. Limited Edition EDT Kyoto, £135 Diptyque
6. New from Jo Malone is English Pear & Freesia, £72, inspired by orchards bathed in sunshine and full of ripe fruit all unexpectedly wrapped in a bouquet of fresh bright white freesias.
7. This spellbinding combination of warming juniper, pomelo, saffron and vetiver is the perfect switch-up for cooler days. Black Saffron EDP, £122 Byredo
8. Sensual magnolia, with vibrant fruit and spicy undertones, this soughtafter scent already has a waiting list. Fenty EDP, £99 Fenty Beauty